Video has become an indispensable medium of marketing. It let the customers get a quick preview of a product or service without reading multiple lines of text. Thus, assisting the companies to boost their sales. According to EyeView, adding a video to the landing page boosts the conversion rate by 80%. Besides this, 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product/service online after watching a video. Currently, online video viewing accounts for nearly 74% of online traffic. However, 80% of internet traffic will be gained from videos by 2019; signifying the need for the marketers to invest in video app creation.
Video App Creation Platform
Till now, YouTube was the sole platform for video creation and monetization. But now, Amazon has also debuted in the market for video creation. It has recently announced its own suite of five video processing tools as a part of AWS Media services. The announcement was made on its big re: Invent conference day, in addition to the introduction of a new platform for Video industry-Sumerian. With the elemental-based AWS services, Amazon has clearly defined its motive to work with media companies to build and host live streams as well as ad-based videos; giving a tough competition to Google’s YouTube.
“We built AWS Elemental Media Services with the motive to let the customers focus on supplying high-end video dependably to any smartphone or device, everywhere, without the alike heavy lifting of managing infrastructure. This will not only help the traditional video providers create videos faster, but also offer modern opportunities to startups, schools, video app development companies, government agencies, and MNCs, who had restricted access to premium-quality videos till now,” said Alex Dunlap, GM at AWS Elemental.
Amazon’s Tools for Video App Creation
Up till now, the video app development and media companies were employing the third-party providers to target advertising around a video stream. They had to invest in costly equipment to manage the capacity for boosting the traffic. But now with Amazon’s tools, they need not reach to different providers and invest a heavy amount in it. They can switch to the following five AWS tools to build, service and earn money from video streams:
- AWS Elemental MediaConvert: The tool will facilitate the publishers to format and compress video-on-demand content ‘for distributing to any playback device virtually with features like broadcast level and HD video transcoding features.
- AWS Elemental MediaLive: The AWS media tool helps the video creators to encode broadcast-level video for TV or connected devices.
- AWS Elemental MediaPackage: The video app creation tool allows the video producers to create and protect live video streams with additional tools like immediate playback.
- AWS Elemental MediaStore: This will serve the video publishers with storage services for videos.
- AWS Elemental MediaTailor: The tool enables the publishers to monetize the videos with personalized advertisements. No one has revealed the source of advertising tech; everyone expects that Amazon will turn the video streaming world upside down.
Various companies, including Pac-12 Networks, BT, Fox Sports Australia, Nine, Amazon Prime Video, IMAGICA, and Cinepolis have previewed the tools. After that only, the Amazon has finally launched the tools today. Besides this, Amazon has facilitated users to use other AWS services like AWS Direct Connect and AWS Snowball (for content ingestion), Amazon CloudFront (for content delivery), Amazon Rekognition (for Artificial Intelligence), and Amazon CloudWatch (for monitoring) along with the launched video app creation tools.