Backend and Frontend – The Two Foundational Components of Native Mobile Apps and Web Apps. While the former fuels the app, the latter defines how the app would act when in users’ territory aka on users’ devices.
There was a time when a website or a mobile app was made of simple static text site with little scope of interaction with other websites and apps. And the only scope of innovativeness came from minimal animation that hovered on the screen. That was the time of HTML and CSS.
The Options Businesses Have When it comes to Frontend Development of Web Based and Native Apps
When it comes to Frontend Development of Mobile Apps – Native, Web Apps, and the new App type that Google wants you to know about – Progressive Web Apps, there are a number of different technology options a business can choose from.
Frontend Development Trends 2019
The conversation based User Interface on Mobile and Websites is the number one trend of Frontend development of the present time. It is estimated that by 2020 85% of the customer interaction with a business will involve zero human involvement.
While material design would still reign superiority when we talk about interface design, the ] incorporation of motion UI would breathe life into websites and mobile apps.
Prepared to catch user’s attention and to deliver information, the motion UI elements like hovers, animations, modular scrolling, and page header transition can become the differentiating factor between a seamless and passable user experience.
Doesn’t it make you wonder…
It is on Every Platform
Acts as the Best Foundational Language
Can Handle Complexity
Faster Debugging = Faster Deployment
– The Fantastic Four –
Angular.js. React. Vue. Node
The Reasons Why we Choose Angular.js, React, Node, and Vue for Frontend Development
Flexibility – Straight from Angular Framework and React Framework to Vue and Node, all these frameworks are used for the development of mid to high complexity level apps.
Ease of Adaptability by Developers – As compared to the other frameworks, these come with a comparatively lower learning curve, which makes the development process much faster.
Let’s take a look into them at much length –
Even without the support of any hot-shot tech name, the brand has been able to become really popular among the developer community.
Vue.js was conceived with the sole aim to make the interface development organized and simpler. And it does it so perfectly that it is now deemed ideal for the development of lightweight apps.
But then, like all things seemingly ideal, Vue.js also comes with its share of pros and cons.
Here they are
- Rapid Adoption. In only a few years since its launch, a number of businesses have started making Vue a part of their tech stack.
- Rendering Support is Declarative
- Easier Integration with HTML Elements
- Since it is a new project, there is still a lack of resources
- Relatively smaller community support, especially when compared with Angular.js and React Framework
Angular Framework keeps coming out with updates on a regular basis like Angular.js 6 comes with an improvement in the rendering engine for smaller and faster applications.
- Material Design and PWA Support
- Stable long term support because of Google backing
- Two Way Data Binding
- Mobile focused approach to Web Development
- Apps developed in Angular Framework are notoriously famous for drawing device’s battery
- Needs more Optimization to tackle the present low performance issue
- Comes with high learnability scale
Nonetheless, the framework, like the others, do not come sans advantages and disadvantages. Here are its pros and cons –
- Good set of Documentation and Online Resources
- Possibility of Server Side Rendering
- Easy Component Model
- Fast, Efficient, Flexible, and Small Sized
- It is essential to have Build Tools
- The chances of framework being incompatible with the other libraries and code that modifies DOM are very high
- The learning curve can be a little higher
The idea behind Node.js is using event driven I/O to help remain efficient and lightweight at time of development of data intensive real time apps, which operate across a series of distributed devices.
I am sure by now you must have become acquainted with the drill. So, keeping up with the trend, here we go –
- The non-blocking IO ecosystem lets developers process multiple requests simultaneously
- Node.js developers community is extremely active, meaning access to ready solutions and codes in GitHub
- There have been instances of Node API instability
- It still does not support multi-threaded programming, which means it is not ideal when performing long running calculations, which ultimately leads to a decline in app performance.
– The Sidekicks –
Ember.js is ideal for development of complex web apps, and the string-based templating system that it comes with contributes to a much faster boot time.
In context of performance, every one of the changes that happen in database are then instantly transmitted to UI.
Currently, the framework is used for real time application development of companies like Mazda, Honeywell, and IKEA, amongst others.
Mithril.js has a series of similar features as React.js. Mithril offers you hierarchical MVC elements and various safe-by-default templates that come with intelligent DOM differences that goes into checking of high performance rendering.
The lightweight framework is designed to enable you to take complete advantage of the Web Components.
Polymer has the web components which are a part of HTML standards that promise longer existence as compared to ReactJS.
Aurelia also comes with an extensible HTML compiler, which lets the developers create customized HTML elements and take take control of template generation with the support of dynamic loading, data binding, and batched rendering.
Even though the frequency with which updates were rolled out have been lowered immensely, a new version, v4.0 is planned with a series of changes such as –
- Rewrite of the speed framework
- All new event module design
Using Backbone, you can make single page apps with the help of the traditional web libraries. They are developed on the idea that the server side functionalities should always flow via APIs as it minimizes the number of codes that should be composed for achieving the complex functionalities of sophisticated web frameworks.
Socket allows you to implement real time binary streaming, interactive set of document collaboration, instant message platform, and the real time stats of project and apps.
The framework helps developers build rich and responsive display and an editor UI with clean underlying data model. Apps that have section of UI which update dynamically can benefit greatly from Knockout framework.
There are three features that come associated with Knockout, which contribute to framework’s popularity in the frontend development domain –
Declarative Bindings – The feature lets you offer complex and dynamic User Interface Development with the help of arbitrarily placed binding contexts.
Trivially Extensible – It lets you use custom behaviours as part of new bindings for convenient reuse.
strategies your digital product.