Hire the Right Mobile App Development Company & Get a Geolocation-based App!
What do you do to reach a place you have never been before? Simple, activate the Geolocation services and follow the directions. There was a time when people used to hire a location guide or seek for the exact address. But, now they rely on Geolocation. From finding a nearby restaurant to finding the nearest bus stop, GPS is the companion of each person. This has resulted in the integration of GPS-location services in the mobile apps. Today, every second businessperson is looking for the best mobile app development company to get a GPS-based mobile app.
There’s no denying the fact that Geolocation technology has opened new doors for many startups and establishments. Its ability to get consolidated into mobile apps has introduced many new kinds of market strategies. Also, it has changed the entire flow of interaction with the consumer.
What are the different types of geolocation-based apps?
There is a broad range of applications that work on location-based information. This includes event apps, travel apps, social networking and dating apps, lifestyle and hobbies apps, e-commerce, etc. Some of the major categories you should consider are:
- Maps and Navigation: Google Maps, Waze and Apple Maps are examples of mobile apps developed by the top-rated mobile app development company under the category of Maps & Navigation. In this case, the geolocation is used to find places of interest nearby the user and provide them relevant details.
- GeoSocial Apps: Geolocation enabled apps to allow you to share your location on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This is a great way to double your brand awareness and enable access to your near & dear ones. Besides this, geolocation also makes streaming services like Periscope possible.
- Weather Forecast Apps: Apps like Yahoo Weather, YoWindow Weather and Go Weather comes under this category of geolocation apps. Here, the mobile app developers integrate geolocation into their app to get weather predictions and other related information.
- Health and Fitness Apps: Many health and fitness apps also use GPS data for tracking sports activities and patterns. Some of the best examples are Moves and Runtastic.
- On-Demand Services: There are innumerable apps offering location-based on-demand services like Uber, DO4YOU, and Zomato.
How do Geolocation Mobile Apps work?
The location-based applications developed by the mobile app developers use the GPS location or Geo Tag of a smartphone.
Today, every smartphone is equipped with GPS (Global position system) chips inside. The GPS seizes the location and timing which satellites send from space. For accuracy with data, the smartphones take data from at least four satellites.
And in case the GPS signal is unavailable, the information from the cell towers are used. Mobile networks assist in determining which cell tower the customer uses and compares it with the base-stations’ database. As per the top mobile app development company , this method is widely used in major cities. WiFi also plays a significant role in this as it works just like the Cell ID.
The other most effective techniques used in Geolocation mobile application is Geofencing. This technology uses the GPS location of the user to determine how close he is to a particular place. It will give you information like if the user is inside or outside a building if he has just entered or left. This information can be further used to deliver them enticing offers and thus, give a personalized experience.
How will it uplift your business?
With location-based services, your mobile app will generate more awareness of your business and attract more customers. If a user searches for a product or service that you provide, then your name will be displayed to them. Thus, they can easily get to know about your brand and take your services. The very best example of this is Uber Taxi booking mobile app. In this location-based app, you can book a cab through your app and the taxi driver will reach to you. He can travel you to your destination using the geolocation based mobile app. Meanwhile, you can track the route from your smartphone app. This way, they are catering the needs of a larger audience effectively. For the similar customer engagement, reach the right mobile app developers.
The advantage of the geolocation based app is not limited to the one mentioned above. According to the experts of AppInventiv, the highest search and downloads will take your app rate high. Therefore, topmost search in the app store optimization and so, a profitable brand marketing.
The bottom line is that you should search for the top-rated mobile app development company to get offbeat Geolocation-based mobile app development services. After all, having a mobile business app is not enough unless it includes location services.
strategies your digital product..